A healthy Oikos (cell/small group) is an expanding Oikos. For those who are passionate about seeing their Oikos expand, it’s important to navigate around the many hindrances that stand in the way of expansion success. Satan does not want to see your Oikos survive, and thrive. He will do everything in his power to fail you in this endeavor. However, we are advantaged … in Christ we have the victory!
Here are a few of the many hindrances you, or others in your Oikos, may encounter along the way:
- Not having a close walk with the Lord is a mega-hindrance … attend to this right now!
- Not having a target group of close relationships (un-churched family, friends, and associates)
- Not praying constantly for these people (remember, without prayer you will not succeed!)
- Distracted and caught up in the busy-ness of every-day life
- Failing to see the need to build genuine, long term, loving relationship with un-churched friends (like Jesus, become a ‘friend of sinners’)
- Fear of rejection when you share the good news about Jesus
- Believing that …
- “I don’t know enough” of the Bible (If you belong to Jesus, you know enough!)
- “I’m not the type” (Moses was slow in speech, Jeremiah was too young)
- “I’m not good enough” (that’s ok … just have a firm belief that the Lord is good enough)
- “I’ll be rejected” (yes, that may well happen – it happened to Jesus, and His disciples)
- “There are no obvious results” (evangelizing is your business – results is God’s business!)
Whatever is standing in your way; get sound, godly counsel … then navigate around your hindrance as soon as possible. An expanding Oikos is a blessed Oikos.